News And Events
6th Annual RR Donnelley 5K for Literacy / The Kris Wilson Foundation
Looking for something to do on Memorial Day 2014? Consider joining us for this annual event. You c...read more
Kris Wilson In Law School
Many have wondered where Kris Wilson is now and what he is doing. They are looking for him on the g...read more
The Kris Wilson Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes education and literacy for inner city youth. Our mission is to develop community programs and events, donate to charitable causes, and partner with other organizations for like endeavors to encourage youth to:
- Take advantage of positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom;
- Attain the highest levels of literacy; and
- Prepare themselves fully for careers.
Kris Wilson Fact Sheet
- Born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on August 22, 1981.
- Attended the African School; and Steele Elementary School in the Harrisburg School District.
- At nine years old, moved with his family to Lancaster.
- Attended Wharton Elementary School, Reynolds Junior High School, and J.P. McCaskey High School in the School District of Lancaster.
- Graduated from McCaskey in 1999.
- Participated in Lancaster Township Baseball.
- At Reynolds, participated in football, basketball, and soccer.
- At McCaskey, participated in football, basketball, baseball, and track and field.
- High school honors include 1999 Pennsylvania Big 33 Classic; 1998 Lancaster County All-Star Game; 1998 All Lancaster-Lebanon League first team wide receiver and linebacker, and Wide Receiver of the Year; 1997 All Lancaster-Lebanon League first team tight end.
- High school basketball honors include 1998-99 All Lancaster-Lebanon League second team power forward.
- 1998-1999 J.P. McCaskey High School Male Athlete of the Year
- Earned full football scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh.
- College football honors include the 2004 senior Bowl game; Associated Press All America third team; one of three finalists for the 2003 John Mackey Award, given to the top tight end in the collegiate ranks; 2003 All-Big East second team; 2001 and 2002 Big East All-Academic teams; Manheim Touchdown Club's 2002 Lancaster-Lebanon College Player of the Year; 2004 University of Pittsburgh Senior of Distinction.
- Graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2003: Earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics with a minor in Sociology
- Selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the second round of the annual National Football League Draft, the highest selection ever for a Lancaster County high school football player.
- Deborah Wilson Gadsden - President & Chairwoman click here to view Deb's bio
- Buddy Glover - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Buddy's bio
- Mike Saladik - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Mike's bio
- Kenny Myers - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Kenny's bio
- Nikita Gay - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Nikita's bio
- Syrinda Paige - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Syrinda's bio
- Troy Rissinger - Board Member & Ambassador click here to view Troy's bio